Melde dich an, um diesem Inhalt zu folgen  
Carl

SW Austauch motor

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi Smart friends!!!

Since my Smart is getting close to 100 000 km i got in contact with SW( great service) regarding their Roadster engine pack 3 transplantation.

My 99 Passion now has runned 90 000km without any big problems except a new getriebe aktuator but it now want´s more and more oil. After a minor accident here in the Swedish winter i had a lot of plastic changed and it´s now like new(optical).

Does anyone here have any experience with this engine change or has anyone heard about it?

Vielen Dank( you can answer in german)

Carl

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Hei Carl,

Up to now i do not remember anybody having posted here, who got the roadster engine transplanted into the 42.

On the other side i do not recall anybody seriously complaining about SW's performance, looks like he is doing a quite good job.....

Maybe just give a try (and let us know :-D )

-----------------

cu Leif

radio42 - Music for Lounge-Lovers.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Danke Schön!!

Well i think it´s a nice deal. 100% more horsepower for 3900 euro!!!??

The other question- can u do the transplantation yourself? With professional help of course. Let SW do everything maybe is the best way thou.

Carl

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

With the 700cm³ engine schmart introduced major changes in the electronics, particulary in the design of the ECM module (if i remember correct it's now the same as used in the MB S-class). Some functions, which were on the old model controlled by several individual devices are now combined in only one controller. Fitting the new engine mechanically into the old model is maybe the easier part of the job. I assume adapting the new engine to the old electronic devices is the more difficult task of the conversion. Without knowing the details i would recommend to leave the job to SW.

Driving down to Wiesbaden, taking some holiday during the repower works might be worth, it's a really nice city.

-----------------

cu Leif

radio42 - Music for Lounge-Lovers.

[ Diese Nachricht wurde editiert von LGross am 15.12.2004 um 23:16 Uhr ]

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Your absolutely right!!! Thanks for the info!!

And I have to pass there anyway to go home to Lugano Swiss! :)

Carl

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag