Melde dich an, um diesem Inhalt zu folgen  
Djurhamn

Brakeproblems whit the car if its stands 2 weeks

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello i have 3st smart fortwo and everone has this problem if i park it outside wintertimes its a big problem to move it.

I think its the brakes in the back even if it the handbrake is loose from the beginning.

I dont have this problem on my other cars Renault and Citroen.

/Björn Stockholm

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Hello to the cold Stockholm, by the way a nice place, a bit expensive, but nice, i stayed in uplandsgatan and loved the enviroment.

If you stop the car in wet conditions never put the handbrake in,just switch in the reverse gear take you feet of the brake and wait till the software lets the brake go, then you stop the engine.

At a hill stop a little tricky but works, sure not at 45° inclination. But then a recommend another vehicle anyway.

Metals love each other (electrochemical) and so the pads won't let the disks go.

I had it in the back as well as in the front (only my car...! :o )

Greets to Stockholm, i am gonna have a Starköl right away (only starköl around here).

By the way.... Renault and Citroen.... forget these fuckers, we call them Createur de Malheur... Worst fuck ever seen, together with fiat.

I am Sorry, the smart isn't a quality car, and today Mercedes is not what it was.

Real Cars for example: Mercedes W124,W126...

[ Diese Nachricht wurde editiert von Quique am 09.01.2011 um 19:25 Uhr ]

Dummheit ist eine merkwürdige Krankheit, es leider nicht der Betroffene, sondern die Anderen.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Real CLEVER cars with a LOT of brain inside, sometimes more then a standard mecanic has:

Citroen DS, SM, CX.

Try a W124 in Winter, try it to tow a caravan. Try a CX after that. It'll change your life.

Carsten

Ich muss ihn erst noch reparieren.... !

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

If you want to continue in english, why not.

Quote:
Real CLEVER cars with a LOT of brain inside, sometimes more then a standard mecanic has:

That is the language of consumer information (also called advertisements). By the way, I am no standard mechanic and also no standard mechanical engineer.

Quote:

Try a W124 in Winter, try it to tow a caravan. Try a CX after that. It'll change your life.

Yes, for sure, if the cars are loaded and the trailer is pushing another 750 N on the hook, the front driven (cheaper manufacturing) is gonna pull better. Go to a library and read more about physics, please

Sorry, but you believe to much in the things the marketing monkeys say.

My W124 Diesel ran a 300 Mm with only oil change,brakes.... thats it.

The Createur de Malheur will be a coke can by this time...

Dummheit ist eine merkwürdige Krankheit, es leider nicht der Betroffene, sondern die Anderen.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

No, I do not read a lot of advertisements.

Indeed, my first car was a Citroen DS 23 Safari. Nowadays, the list of cars I own and regularly use consists of a Pagoda 280SL, a Citroen SM, a Concept Centaur kit car, a 99 Smart 450, my everyday Mercedes 211 T model. And a 1966 Jaguar E-Type, but it'll take some time to finish still, sadly.

See, IF you put the engine at the front, AND you put the "empty" rear end of a car above the driven wheels like Mercedes does with W124 and W211 for example, then you get wheels which simply cannot get a lot of grip on the floor, because there's no weight above them.

You won't feel that on a dry road, but you will in winter on snow. AND you will more feel it in corners. It's VERY dangerous to accel a rear driven car in snow in corners. Do not try.

Then take the DS: 1450 Kilos, roughly 1100 on the front. The engine is mounted front- mid, so the weight distribution is optimal anyway, AND the front wheels have MUCH more weight on them then the W124 could ever have.

Just tell my why lots of Merc drivers put heavy concrete blocks in the rear in winter, same as BMW owners do ? Citroen drivers never do that. Why should they ?

I think it's time for YOU to read some physic books.

(I do have a Diploma on physics if that might convince you).

And if even THAT is not enough, you could just come along + try my cars....

Carsten

P.S:- and I do not really need to show all the features the DS had in 1955 when Merc. was offering poor low tech to the public ? The 300SL was marvellous, of course, but only for the VERY rich. The DS was a mass product, built for 1.5 million buyers !

And it featured all-independent wheel suspension, hydropneumatic (progressive, not steel sprung with linear rate !), can drive on 3 wheels (I tried, often proved), has a center steering "Lenkrollradius NULL", even the Pagoda has still "Achsschenkel"!, front wheels, has load-balanced brakes (Lastabhängig hinten über Federrungsdruck / hydraulik). The hydraulic valves where even more precise then 1/1000 of a millimeter, in 1955 ! This was NOT achieved in Diesel injectors, but we talk about SUSPENSION here !, had power steering, had a semi - automatic, had HUGE brakes which are hydraulic assisted, is self- leveling.

A HUGE improvement. Drive one, it's still a miracle. I did drive a "heckflosse" in comparison. Feels VERY old.

[ Diese Nachricht wurde editiert von Durango2k am 11.01.2011 um 22:19 Uhr ]

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Good answer....

But that was not the point, you were talking about a DS towing a caravan in winter... The resulting weight balance would obviously be more in the back.

How does the front driven climb the hills?

Haha

As you read enough books, i don't have to tell you.

That it (the Merc) does not have all the nice gadgets, i don't care. I need a reliable, long lasting, well performing car. In these terms the old Mercs are still on top of things.

Talking about the diplomas (sounds like two kids comparing cellphones), i have to admit, that I have one regarding the practical side and one the theorical of exactly the science needed here. Was it mechanical engineering? I just forgot....

But, as I see, you have great experience with cars, and posted some good stuff. I thought having an easy victim of TV here... sorry for believing this nonsense.

Quote:
And if even THAT is not enough, you could just come along + try my cars....

Thank you....

You convinced me, I will read about the miracle of Citroen.

There is only one french thing other than wine i am interested in

:o and it's not a car.

Cheers

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Hi,

glad you got it :)

Really, if you put some 1.400 kilos on 2 wheels it WILL climb up hills. My 211 has good tyres, and even that does not help. ESP on or off, when climbing steep hills ... it goes sideways if you're not VERY carefull. Wife is always scared :)

And, one more thing- women simply LOVE the DS, and, hopefully, the E-Type. In the Pagoda they think I am rich (which I am not :))

Carsten

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Back to topic: I had this problem with my Mitsubish Colt. Since then, I simply do not use the handbrake and did not have this problem any more.

Olaf

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag